Functional Harmonic Concepts: A Unique and Holistic Approach Towards Understanding and Applying Functional Harmony
by Joe Hubbard
Do you want to be able to memorise songs quicker? Do you want to be able to create great bass lines over a set of chord changes?
Do you want to be able to hear the chords you are playing over? Do you want to learn how to write your own chord progressions?
Kenneth K. says: “Thanks Joe for the key that has opened another door, that will enable me to improve my performance as a bassist.”
Slawomir K. says: “Right away I have learned some stuff that I was not aware of in spite of my 20 years of being a professional musician.”
Here’s a Sample of What You Will Learn…
- Becoming Grounded With The Fundamentals of Functional Harmony
- Understanding the Major/Minor Tonal Systems
- Chord Construction and Relationships to Both Diatonic and Non-Diatonic Harmony
- Understanding Harmonic Progressions from a Compositional, Interpretational & Improvisational Approach
- Learning a jazz repertoire, including Jazz Standard Analysis
- Putting It All Together With Exercises and Ear Training Drills For Immediate Application
- And…So,So Much More…
“Joe Hubbard is one of the best bass teachers that I know…which makes him one of the rare gems in bass education.”
– Jeff Berlin
Patrick D. says: “I’ve played bass for 25 years and I’m a professional musician and I’ve learned tons of new tricks from this book! I’m totally nuts about Functional Harmonic Concepts!”
STEVE A. says: “It really covers the subject (functional harmony) in a way that I haven’t seen before. It’s very clear and I think it will be a huge benefit to many of us.”
DAVE C. says: “This book is incredible- it’s so comprehensive!”
- 29 Chapters Comprised of 120 Pages
- Each Chapter Includes Applied Exercises and Etudes (Notation and TAB Included)
- Over 15 Jazz Standards Harmonically Analysed
- Performance Notes and Learning Tips in Each Chapter
- Systematically Teaches From the Most Basic to Advanced Harmonic Concepts
- Cross Rhythmic Concepts and Playing Outside the Changes Included
- Over 30 Minutes of Ear Training MP3 Files
“When I wanted to learn more about jazz- I had lessons with a fantastic teacher Joe Hubbard.”
– Pino Palladino
BRIAN W. says: “Well laid out and the explanations are clear and concise. It takes a slightly different angle to a lot of stuff I have seen, which is good, as it is already helping me to view things from a different perspective.”
HEYKO G. says: “I put the audio files on my iPod and listed to the first exercise while walking the dog…that half hour walk made a big difference already!”
Please Note This Is An Eguide Book (in PDF format)
Price Today: £29.95 (approx $42)
Please Note: The MP3’s are playable on any MP3 player. To listen on an iphone or ipad you will need access to itunes.
Louis L. says: “What a fantastic job you have done with this book.”
Sean C. says: “I love this book and although I already understand some of the stuff, this book is certainly helping me to understand it all much easier.”
Tyronne S. says: “This is a great book so I’m going to milk this course for everything it has to offer.”
Eric S. Says: “I love this book Joe! The ear training exercises are great too! I’ve already been able to identify chords after a week!”
- Once an order is placed the package will be delivered to your inbox
- No refunds are permitted once an order has been placed for this product
- Responsibility for all technical uploads / downloads lies with the purchaser
- Delivery of this product is strictly for the purchasers sole use only.
- Any forwarding on these download products to third parties is deemed theft.
- The MP3’s are playable on any MP3 player. To listen on an iphone or ipad you will need access to itunes.